“Life has a way of surprising, teaching, and, if you’re lucky, setting you on a path of purpose.”
When I think back to my 25-year-old self, I didn’t see my future including local politics, let alone becoming Mayor of Redmond. Life has a way of surprising, teaching, and, if you’re lucky, setting you on a path of purpose. In my case, it has done all three.
From my early days volunteering with Rockwell’s PTA, Lake Washington Schools Foundation, and Redmond’s Parks and Trails Commission to my time serving on Redmond’s City Council and now as Mayor of Redmond, I have expanded my knowledge so much. Serving on commissions and committees in many areas including transportation, human services, utilities, and health, I have received hands-on lessons about how, when all work together, the best outcomes are achieved. This has been a rich and enlightening journey.
I love Redmond and am lucky to have built a fulfilling life here for 25 years, raising our family and finding my purpose as a public servant. I am excited to have the opportunity to continue applying my skills and passion to Redmond as Mayor for another term. As we focus on the future, I’m ready to address local and regional issues and continue to bring the gifts and talents of our community together to create a genuinely first-class city.
Current Activity on Boards and Commissions
- Association of Washington Cities (AWC) Large Cities Advisory Committee
- Cascade Water Alliance Board, Vice Chair
- Hopelink Board of Directors
- I-405/SR 167 Executive Advisory Committee
- King County Cities Climate Collaboration (K4C)
- King County Council Regional Policy Committee
- King County Regional Homelessness Authority Governing Committee
- OneRedmond Executive Board
- Puget Sound Regional Council Executive Board
- Sound Cities Association Board, Past President
- Sound Cities Association Housing Solutions Group (2022)
- Sound Cities Association Public Issues Committee (alternate)
Derby Days 2023
Keep up with Angela’s campaign with our photo collection.